1. Start with the wording of your proposal addressed to one of your U.S. Senators or Representatives as provided by Article V in the Constitution.
2. Use BUSINESS LETTER FORMAT and semi-formal style to address points 3-7. So technically it is not double spaced. Just double spaced between paragraphs or points.
3. Explain what your proposed amendment will do in detail.
4. Explain why you believe it is needed and how the U.S. will benefit if it is ratified. Keep in mind that as an amendment, it should be a broad issue, not a new program to solve a specific problem.
5. Explain what methods you will use to gain congressional, presidential, and public support for your proposal. Consider which interest groups may support your proposal.
6. Indicate what opposition you expect. What arguments will be made against it and who will make them?