2) Reflect on what you learned from liberal education (G.E.) that helped you to build an understanding of nursing practice. Describe a nursing theory. (example of GE classes are cultural pluarism, anatomy/physiology, ethical, etc.)
3)How did you learn to use therapeutic communication and assessment skills to address patient issues.
4)How will you apply knowledge of patients’ social and cultural factors in the care plan for vulnerable patients.
5) Reflect on providing holistic patient care and performing as a prudent nurse would.
6) Describes inter-collaborative involvement. How does the nurse use leadership and communication skills to manage the healthcare team?
(i.e. Interprofessional rounds; consultations and interaction with PT/OT; Respiratory Therapy, Pharmacist consultation—describe their role/ contribution.)
7) Describe an event that demonstrates understanding of appropriate delegation by the nurse that includes the following:
– application of leadership concepts, skills and decision making in the provision of high quality nursing care
– healthcare team coordination
– oversight and accountability for care delivery
8) Describe an event that demonstrates leadership, appropriate team building and collaborative strategies to effectively implement patient safety and quality improvement initiatives within the context of the team.