Written operational business plan – research a non-profit organisation to gather and research to determine the strategic approach and current efficiencies and where possible improvements can be made
· Background information (mission, vision, history, industry, who they cater to)
· Analysis of policies and procedures
· Detail the plan and how will you manage the operation
· Identify objectives (SMART)
· Resource requirements (cost, budget)
· Identification of risks, an action plan to manage risks and how contingency planning is undertaken
· Identification of stakeholders and a plan to communicate with them.
· KPIs (linked to objectives) and people responsible for their delivery
· Approach to recruitment and training
· Staff recruitment plan and check list
· Create a performance management system?
– How will you assess and manage under performance?
· Include a budget for all costs
· Identify any relevant legislation that impacts the organisation and the plan.