textbook: Choose a work of art from the textbook to identify, describe, analyze, and interpret using appropriate art terminology.
First, I need only one paper where you choose a work of art from the textbook to identify, describe, analyze, and interpret using appropriate art terminology. If you don’t have the textbook do it on “Khafre enthroned, from Gizeh, Egypt, Fourth Dynasty, ca. 2520-2494 BCE. Diorite,” from a picture on the internet.
This first paper is not part of the essay yet.
Then, Choose a work of art from the textbook to identify, describe, analyze, and interpret using appropriate art terminology. The objective of this assignment is to give you an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to describe, analyze, and interpret works of art. (Do it on the same one)
This is not a research paper; it is an opinion paper. It is to be your own evaluation of a work of art. Do your own thinking and put everything into your own words. Provide a title for your essay. This essay should be completed after the worksheet or Part I.
The essay should be 600-900 words.
1. Choose a work of art from the textbook to write about.
2. Identify the work of art by giving the page number in the book, as well as the artist’s name, and the title, date, size, and materials.
3. Give a detailed description of what the work of art looks like. Focus on subject-matter and how it is arranged.
4. Analyze the Style of the work of art and the use of the Visual Elements (compositional organization, color, line use, shape, chiaroscuro, use of lighting, texture, etc.).
5. Interpret the work of art. Discuss your opinion of the mood and meaning of the work of art. Discuss how the Style, Subject-matter, and use of the Visual Elements contribute to the overall mood and meaning of the work.
5. Be aware you are submitting your essay to a plagiarism screening service. This service has the capability of scanning your essay for likeness in text found on the Internet as well as previously submitted essays by students.
The essay must be your own work. Do not plagiarize.
According to wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn (Links to an external site.) plagiarism is:
a piece of writing that has been copied from someone else and is presented as being your own work
the act of plagiarizing; taking someone’s words or ideas as if they were your own.
7. Proof read for spelling and punctuation.
8. Submit on the class Canvas site, under Assignments. Link to submit is assignment title.