You are required to produce a ‘Portfolio’ reflecting on how the practical firefighting has enabled you to carry out your job as QCD Officer. understanding the objectives set whilst performing the task safely, how the theory taught in the classroom can be applied practical by yourself or your team to meet the objectives set in the learning outcomes.
Your Portfolio Document should include the following:
1. An Introduction – who you are, why you are writing this report, what it will be used for.
2. Aim and Objectives; the overall Aim of the Report and Objectives (SMART objectives) and how you will achieve the Aim.
3. The Main Body of the Report
This section should include details of:
• A description of why Community Fire Education can help reduce fire incidents in Qatar, how this message is delivered with Partner agencies to improve the lives of all citizens in Qatar.
• The report must also include the different types of buildings in Qatar highlighting how passive and active fire systems play an important role in helping protect lives for people in the building.
• What Safety observations and safe control procedures could be implemented for firefighting and Rescue operations for a number of buildings in Qatar.
• Discuss why it is important to investigate the cause of the fire and collect data which can be used to analyse trends and prevent future fires.
4. Conclusion; Lessons learnt, your reasons to support this. What, if anything, could be improved by QCD to improve the services they deliver in Qatar.
5. Recommendations; for improvements how would you adjust QCD to make it more beneficial for the people of Qatar.