Write a research paper on Homelessness in NYC.The coalition for homelessness reports, In August 2020, there were 57,660 homeless people, including 12,866 homeless families with 19,006 homeless children, sleeping each night in the New York City municipal shelters. The number of homeless New Yorkers sleeping each night in municipal shelters is now 56 percent higher than it was ten years ago. https://www.coalitionforthehomeless.org/basic-facts-about-homelessness-new-york-city-data-and-charts/
• Provide a history of homelessness in NYC. What are some key factors that are impacting NYC residents and causing such a crisis with homelessness?
• What laws and legislation are put in place to reduce homelessness?
• Discuss this agency: Department for Homeless Services (DHS) and what role they play with homeless individuals and families.
• What is the rate of recidivism in shelters and why does this occur?
• What is the role of social workers in NYC homeless in shelters and how do they assist families?
With the current Covid19 pandemic, how do you anticipate this impacting families and the shelter system?
The Paper should be written in APA format with atleast 5-6 sources.