How does having a pet affect a voter to vote for one party over another in Europe?.
based on Sue, D. W., Capodilupo, C. M., Torino, G. C., Bucceri, J. M., Holder, A M.B., Nadal, K.L. and Esquilin, M. (2007) Racial Microaggressions in Everyday Life: Implications for Clinical Practice. American Psychologist, 62, No. 4, 271-286. It is posted on files section.
1. Explain why it is very important for a therapist to be informed about the practices and values of the different cultures, genders or ethnicities.
2. Explain why therapists should carefully examine their own values and world views. This does not imply that the therapist should reveal their own values and worldviews explicitly to their client.
3. Explain why the therapist should recognize that particular behaviors values or attitudes might have different meanings in different cultural contexts. Give an example of a value, behavior or attitude that has a different meaning in different cultures or subgroups.
4. Explain what is wrong with the following statement: “As long as the therapist treats all others the same and pays no attention to race, or ethnicity it is likely that a good outcome will result.”
How would you use cognitive and behavioral techniques described in the chapter on Cognitive Therapy by Beck and Weishaar to help Betty each of the issues listed below? For each issue Identify her automatic thoughts and maladaptive assumptions first and then describe how you might go about helping her. Briefly, indicate the likely source of these automatic thoughts and maladaptive beliefs based on her past experiences. Consider her use of magnification and minimization to avoid her anxieties. Try to be as specific as possible in your recommendations.
5. Her loneliness associated with her fear of developing friendships with others.
6. Her fear of losing weight despite her morbid obesity.
7. Can we consider Betty to be subject to microaggressions, invalidations and assaults due to her obesity? Is there any evidence in the case that supports this idea?
Discuss the use of Groups and Teams in an Organization.
A brief description of the case is as follows: ‘Oaks have recently been acquired by a larger international consultancy firm who work in a related sector. Whilst this is a positive development for Oaks and provides access to resources, investment, capabilities and market growth, the culture of the two organisations are very different. An integration plan is underway which looks to address shared areas and encourage initial collaboration, however we would welcome support and advice on how to protect and grow positive aspects of our culture whilst utilizing those things that are beneficial to us from our new parent company’.
Students are to come up with an action plan for Oaks Consultancy, covering up the next 3 years, including their thoughts and ideas on the one company being ‘acquired’ (Oaks Consultancy) and the one company doing the ‘acquiring’ (Aquila). Students should include reference to other companies and lessons learned from them, using both success stories and ones that reflect bad acquisitions.
Particular focus is to the possible fit and complementarity of the business services offered by Oaks Consultancy, Aquila as well as other sister companies in the group and their respective cultures.
In summary, students should evaluate Oaks Consultancy’s current position and determinants of success that will help it move forward.
Module Learning Outcomes Assessed
1. Critically evaluate key individual differences and predict how these affect work behaviour and synthesize relevant theory to understand what motivates people in organisations.
2. Plan how to work in diverse teams and constructively reflect and manage group conflict.
3. Recommend how to lead and influence others towards the achievement of organisational goals, being able to adapt leadership behaviours to the requirements of different contexts and employee characteristics.
4. Reflect upon and critically analyse the nature and impact of organisational structure and culture and evaluate how these affect the work environment, including different types of organisations, sectors, and national contexts.
Create a detailed table listing their typical features, how BYOD (Bring Your Own Device), CYOD (cooperate owned, personally enabled), VDI- Virtual Desktop Infrastructures, and Corporate-owned are used, and their advantages and disadvantages to both the enterprise as well as to the employee. (one page)
2. Answer the following questions. (one page)
– Which of them is the most secure option?
– Which is the least secure option?
– Which would you recommend for your school or place of employment? Why?
Culture, Psychology, and Community
Imagine an international organization has approached you to help resolve an inter-group conflict. You are an authority in cross-cultural psychology and have been asked to serve as a consultant based on a recent violent conflict involving a refugee community in your town and a local community organization. In the days, weeks, and months leading up to the violent conflict, there were incidents of discrimination and debates regarding the different views and practices people held about work, family, schools, and religious practice. Among the controversies has been the role of women’s participation in political, educational, and community groups.
Assignment: (6 pages excluding title page and reference page):
Part 1: Developing an Understanding (2 pages)
Based on the scenario, explain how you can help integrate the two diverse communities so that there is increased understanding and appreciation of each group by the other group. (Note: Make sure to include in your explanation the different views and practices of cultural groups as well as the role of women.)
Based on your knowledge of culture and psychology, provide three possible suggestions/solutions that will help the community as a whole. In your suggestions make sure to include an explanation regarding group think and individualism vs. collectivism.
Part 2: Socio-Emotional, Cognitive, and Behavioral Aspects (2 pages)
Based on your explanations in Part 1, how do your suggestions/solutions impact the socio-emotional, cognitive, and behavior aspects of the scenario and why?
Part 3: Gender, Cultural Values and Dimensions, and Group Dynamics (2 pages)
Explain the impact of gender, cultural values and dimensions, and group dynamics in the scenario.
Further explain any implications that may arise from when working between and within groups.
WRITE A RESEARCH METHODOLOGY ABOUT GENDER DISCRIMINATION IN SAUDI ARABIA.
The incidence of PolyPharmacy, or the use of five or more medications on a daily basis, is common in the US particularly among the elderly population. It occurs for a variety of reasons, including the need to treat multiple conditions, the patient obtaining treatment from numerous physicians, and a lack of communication among those physicians about medications prescribed. PolyPharmacy increases the risk of adverse drug effects and increased costs to patients. Formulate a policy to reduce the practice of multiple drug prescriptions. What tools might be included in the design phase of the policy process to increase the probability of success? What research from other countries could be helpful in addressing this issue?
Describe current case loads make it impossible for public defenders to competently do their job.
In “‘Testimony Against the Whole,’” Bregazzi discusses some ways that political
co-existence could be achieved. How are individuals able to break with their legal
or social context in order to relate to people who are different from them? Explain
how “solitude,” according to Bregazzi and Irigaray, is necessary to being able to
live with others, especially others who are different? How, according to Irigaray, is
it possible to develop solitude and singularity? What are vertical and horizontal
knowledges? How can gratitude help to break from the past and create a new
future together? How can solitude help to perceive who the other actually is, as
opposed to a misleading representation of them? How could this help to achieve