This video case illustrates how Volkswagen of America (VWA), a major automotive marketer, uses various IMC tools, specifically the “Punch Dab” campaign created by advertising agency Deutsch LA in 2010, to help build awareness of Volkswagen’s product line and to help the company achieve its ambitious sales goals. Watch the following video case, Volkswagen Case Video: https://online.fiu.edu/videos/?vpvid=187520b6-3d41-4c42-b6a9-ec002cec831f
1. Describe some of the marketing challenges that VWA faces in
achieving their ambitious sales goals in the US according to the video
2. According to the video case, how does the US automotive market differ from the rest of the world ‘s automotive markets?
3. Describe the importance of the US market for VW’s worldwide success according to the video case.
4. Describe the Agency “Pitch Process” that Deutsch LA participated in to win the VW business in the US.
5. According to the video case, what type of metrics does VWA use to measure the effectiveness of the IMC campaigns?