PROMPT 1: 200 WORDS
• Describe the main social, historical, and cultural contexts of the work? Refer to your
responses in the “Art Work Information” section above.
• Describe the primary purpose of the art work.
• Describe the main artistic statement.
• Describe how the work reflects the human condition, or how it communicates as a
“human, creative expression.”
PROMPT 2: 200 WORDS
• Select and identify another work of art from your textbook that is similar to the work of
art that you selected from the museum. In most cases, the works of art in your
textbook are considered masterpieces.
• Explain three qualities that the work from the museum shares with the work from the
textbook, with specific examples to support your argument.