2. Do most people stay married out of love, necessity, or a combination of these?
3. Who lived in your household when you were a child?
4. Who earned the money?
5. What type of jobs did your parents and relatives have?
6. Who did what work around the house?
7. Who prepared the food and how was it served?
8. Who took care of you when you were small?
9. Would you describe any differences you have noticed between the way children are raised in the U.S. and in your country? (or rephrase if you are from another country and interviewing someone from the U.S.)
10. What did you learn about the appropriate roles for men and women?
11. How do you feel about this now?
12. Why have your attitudes changed or remained the same?
13. What games did you play as a child?
14. Who did you usually play with?
15. At what age are children expected to help with work around the house?
16.What type of work or chores do children do?
17.At what age do people begin work outside the home for wages?
Is this the same for men and women?
18. When are children expected to move out of the parents’ home?
19. What methods do people use to control the behavior of family members?
(e.g. guilt, shame, punishment, praise, reinforcement or payment,