How has the twenty-first century Black Lives Matter Movement built on the traditions of the Black Power Movement from the previous century? What ideas and agitation strategies have Black Lives Matter activists relied on from the Black Power Movement? Be sure to identify AT LEAST ONE leading thinker in both movements as you make the comparison.
1. Focus on these 2 themes :.Antipolice brutality and education
2. Talk about the founders of black lives matter (the 3 women) and the history, not soo much
3. Then talk about one of the feminist founders of the black lives matter movement named Alicia Garza then add the lecture she gave at the University of Michigan’s Martin Luther King Jr.sympossiun-Jan. 11, 2016. Not all but the important points you think you need for the essay.
4. Use Stokely Carmicheal, “Black Power” Blackpast. He talks about decolonizing Carribean and Africa, non-violence, education and so on.
5.use Black Panther’s Ten point program , there is a lot of information you can get for this paper
6.use parallel language.
7. The theme that Black live matter movement discusses must be a similar issue Black power movent also talk about. Basically, it must be a theme they both share in common.
1.A Herstory of the # Blacklivesmatter movement by Alicia Garza-The feminist wire.By guest contribution October 7, 2014.
2. lecture at the University of Michigan’s Marthin Luther King Jr.Symposium -Jan. 11,2016 by Alicia Garza.
3.Black Panther’s Ten Point program .(Marxist History : USA:Black panther party)
4.(1966) Stokely Carmicheal, “Black Powe” Blackpast.