– What is Black Nationalism and what are its primary tenets? How did Black Nationalism differ from other Civil Rights movements from leaders such as Dr. Martin Luther King?
– Who is one leader of the Black Nationalist movement and what problems were they addressing and what solutions were they proposing?
– Who was Malcolm X? What did he stand for and how did his life experience inform the way he views race in the United States? How did his views change?
– How did the United States Government stifle attempts for Black Nationalism and its leaders to thrive? What specific measures were taken to destroy this movement?
– How has the legacy of Black Nationalism continued in the United States today? What issues are these movements addressing and to what degree are they needed?