You are currently working in the Operations Department of “BCA Shipping Company Bulk carriers”, a shipping company which operates a fleet of five Panamax bulk carriers.
The next voyage of your gearless vessel is full cargo of wheat sf 43 from Port Said to Dar Es Salaam.
Prepare a report to the following engaged Departments of your company stating the following:
– Operational issues that may affect the Technical/Marine/Supply Department,
– Operational issues that may affect the Operations Department
– Operational issues that affect the Legal / Claims Department
– Operational issues that may affect the Chartering Department
The report must focus on the most important obligations of any of the mentioned Departments and all necessary actions that should be taken, in order that the vessel executes the voyage in the most effective and safe way and all matters raised to be addressed accordingly.
Also consider the following:
• Vessel’s speed abt 14.5 knots on abt 33.5 mt IFO (ballast, Beaufort Force 3 or less)
• Vessel’s speed abt 14 knots on abt 34.5 mt IFO (laden, Beaufort Force 3 or less)
• abt 13 knots on abt 24 mt IFO (ballast, Beaufort Force 3 or less)
• abt 12.5 knots on abt 22 mt IFO (ballast, Beaufort Force 3 or less)
• abt 12.75 knots on abt 27.5 mt IFO (laden, Beaufort Force 3 or less)
• abt 12.25 knots on abt 25.5 mt IFO (laden, Beaufort Force 3 or less)
• Vessel is chartered under a timecharter trip for 13500$ daily hire abt 40/45 days duration. Master of the vessel informs the operations department that the speed is lower than the one described in the c/p and the consumption is higher than the one described in the c/p.
• Vessel is about to get bunkers at one port, either loading or discharging or to another port in the route.
• A P&I inspection is scheduled at the loading port and there is a need for some spares and consumables. Vessel is about to arrive in 20 days at the loading port.
• There is a strong possibility that the Port State Control inspects the vessel at the discharging port.