Today you are meeting with Miriam Rosen, a 16-year-old female, and her parents, Joel and Sarah. Miriam is 5’ 4” and 97 pounds. She is well-dressed and well-groomed, but her hair is thinning, she is thin (somewhat gaunt), and she has poor dentation. (Miriam transcript1. Identify what interview questions you would have used to determine the underlying eating disorder, self-mutilation, and sexual assault.
2. Articulate a plan of care for Miriam, including appropriate level of care and safety measures. What is the best management strategy for the self-mutilation, the eating disorder, and the depression?
3. What laboratory tests would you order? What information does each test provide? Explain your rationale for each test.
4. Identify what medication(s) you would prescribe, including your rationale. List the dosing, administration, mechanism of action, metabolism, excretion, half-life, side effects, and subclass of the medication, and drug interactions.
5. Identify a case conceptualization using a cognitive behavioral theoretical model. Provide your rationale for your answer.
6. What type of psychotherapy would you recommend for Miriam? Why?
7. What are the legal and ethical implications for you relative to a patient reporting a sexual assault? What is the best way for you to proceed?